Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sweet Summertime…Come Back to Me!

Well…the time has come. We "can't" wear white anymore and there are not nearly enough valid excuses to leave work early to focus on your tan.

It just comes and goes way too quickly. The end of summer is never bittersweet for me. It's just sad!

I know I know…I can't really complain given that I live in sunny California and it's like summer year-round. But trips back home to the South remind me that I actually miss that suffocating humidity...sometimes.

It's been a great summer! Trips to Nashville, Charleston, Vegas and good ole Southwest Virginia always gave me something fun to look forward to when sitting in an air-conditioned office building. There were new babies and bridal showers to celebrate too! I've gotta say…I didn't realize until I left small town Abingdon, VA just how much I love that place. Hanging with the fam and enjoying the beauty of small town life won't be taken for granted anymore, that's for sure!

Back to summer…There were tons of fun country concerts to attend and interviews to be had! I chatted with Dee Jay Silver, The Cadillac Three, Leah Turner and Jamie Lynn Spears! So much fun!

Hangin with The Cadillac Three at The Troubadour
I got to be a lady who lunches (my dream) a few times this summer and had plenty of time to binge watch Scandal and DCC Making the Team. Yes, that's the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders show on CMT. Don't judge...I'm obsessed.

Me and my roomie…and Damon Wayans Jr.

Oh hey Tim Riggins!

I went to the "Let's Be Cops" movie premiere…which was AMAZING!! Two of my ABSOLUTE faves from New Girl - Damon Wayans Jr. and Jake Johnson aka Nick Miller had me literally laughing out loud during that movie. Y'all have to see it. No joke.







And I got to go the EMMY's this year!! Talk about the best experience EVER! It was so amazing. I mean I did manage to meet my end all be all crush Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights, so basically life made. Yes…I was shaking haha! I don't think it gets any better than that people.


As my ode to sweet summertime…here's a look back in photos at some of the highlights of my summer:

Happy 4th of July!!


YAY TRISHIE!!! Angel's getting married!
Chillin with the coolest country DJ ever - Dee Jay Silver
Beach trips with my DAWG!
Interviewing Leah Turner at The Greek Theatre

That time at the Emmy's with my Pretty Little Liars ;)
So precious! Baby Layton

Oh hey there Brad Paisley!
The Emmy's - view from the top!

So cool!!! EMMY'S


Yep - the ice bucket challenge got me! I donated too!







































Can't forget all that summer relaxation…
My Diddy loves him a good pedi!


Best place to go for some quality "thinking" time!
The Creeper Trail is the BEST!
Gotta have a bathroom pic at the Emmy's
VEGAS babyyyyy
Now, that's a summer to remember! Since this year is deemed #25theyeartothrive, I have to say I've been making it a point to take advantage of new experiences and opportunities…and it's been a super fun summer!

So I say let's soak up the rest of summer 2014 to the best of our ability. Life's all about making memories, so why not get out there and do just that?! I guarantee you'll be grateful you did!

Any suggestions on how to wrap up summertime in style? Send them my way y'all!


Always have faith!!



No comments:

Post a Comment