Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day weekend fun...and oh yeah, my 1 year anniversary in LA!!

I can't believe I've officially been in LA for a whole year! Oh how time flies!

I hope everybody had an awesome Labor Day weekend! I know I sure loved having that extra day to relax and hang out with friends!

Even though the weekend was pretty laid back, I still managed to do a lot!

My favorite part about living in a big city is getting to try new things - especially restaurants! So this weekend I tried quite a few new places. My roomie and I had a fun Friday with dinner and a movie. We decided to walk to a sushi place right near our apartment and it was awesome! Now I know we'll keep going back. I don't know if that's a good thing or not haha. Then we went to the Grove and watched The Campaign! It was the perfect movie to sit back and just laugh. That Zach Galifianakis is one funny dude haha!

And Saturday was a fun day too...We had a girls day that ended up turning into a girls night out (of course)! We laid by the pool and then got all dressed up and went to dinner at Caffe Roma in Beverly Hills! One thing is for sure...us girls sure have a hard time making a decision. After dinner, we literally sat in a parked car in Beverly Hills trying to decide what to do next. Poor guy with his blinker on waiting for our parking spot just sat and sat! But finally we decided to head to the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Now I had read about the Beverly Hills Hotel when I read all of the A-List novels (basically the LA counterpart to Gossip Girl haha). So I'd been dying to try it out. So much fun! The hotel is just as gorgeous as I had imagined and the Polo Lounge was really relaxed and a great place for chatting with the girls. We even saw Nicky Hilton sneaking out of the hotel! I definitely want to go back. And maybe one day we can rent out one of the bungalows haha. Big dreams!

And then Monday...Labor Day! We celebrated Labor Day and my one-year anniversary with good ole Los Angeles by the beach in Santa Monica. It was the perfect beach day, and being that I do live in Cali, I should have a little tan, right? It was definitely a sun-tanning, hamburger eating type of day. What better way to celebrate?

It's always nice having that extra long weekend, especially when you get a chance to appreciate all the ways your life is blessed!

So it's one year down...wonder how many years there are to go in this crazy love affair with California?


Always have faith!!

No comments:

Post a Comment