Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Oh Virginia...you will always have my heart :)

What a great couple of weeks!

I visited my good ole home state of Virginia twice this month!! I had an impromptu trip home to spend time with my family and then I just had to go back to UVA for Foxfield of course! :)

I'm not gonna lie...although I LOVE LA, I'm definitely a Southern girl at heart. Sometimes you just need to enjoy that slower and more relaxing pace of life. 

I will tell y'all though - I definitely had to watch my road rage back when I was in Abingdon. Shew...no one ever goes over the speed limit it seems like. Stark contrast from this big city that I've gotten used to. Not only do people speed any chance they get (considering there's tons of traffic all the time), but no matter what, people always run the yellow lights out here. Back in Virginia...people slow down the second they think the light is gonna turn yellow haha! Oh well...it's good to be reminded that I need to have some patience every once in a while! 

It was great being in Abingdon for a few days though. I love spending time with my family and reminiscing about the good old days - until lots of changes happen and shift your focus. I got to catch up with high school friends too. We just had to see the movie The Lucky One as soon as it came out. Oh boy...did Zac Efron look good in that one haha! Still...The Notebook was better. ;)

And this past weekend...I took a trip down memory lane. I went back to Cville to visit my college friends and enjoy one of the best days of the year - Foxfield. On Friday, we drove down from DC to Charlottesville. First stop: Bel Air Market for one of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life. Nothing compares to that little shop attached to a gas station. Then we headed to Kings Family Vineyard so we could enjoy the gorgeous, sunny day and have some Virginia wine. I have to admit...my favorite part of the day was spending time chatting with my friends and staring at the beautiful VA mountains! Later, we all got dressed up and headed downtown to Bang! What a fun place. Definitely one of my favorites!

So beautiful Friday leads to rainy Saturday. Of course, the day that we have to be outside all day for the horse races is rainy and freezing! Ugh! At least the rain let up eventually....but I did hang out under a tent for quite sometime. I would have loved to run around and socialize more, but oh well! 

Then of course, on Sunday it's gorgeous and sunny again! That always how it happens haha. But that was a great day too. It doesn't get better than sitting out on the Lawn and looking at the amazing university you attended. I'll tell ya one thing is for sure...you come to appreciate certain aspects of what your life used to be like way more when you haven't been around it in a while! How blessed I was to go to such a beautiful school with the best of friends! 

I did spend a good 22 years in Virginia...so that place will always be my first home. Great memories and great friends. You gotta love every stage in life though! 

Now on to making more memories in Los Angeles... :)


Always have faith!!

3 comments:

  1. I would say Friday started out when you decided to get us VENTI iced skinny vanilla lattes...go big or go home lol = ] Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stop talking! I need help lol! :)

    ReplyDelete