Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The perks of living in LA...

Except for this first part of my blog...I'm being sarcastic.

Today was the day I attempted the trip to the Los Angeles DMV. Yep...the place where you go and once you're inside, you may never come out. I was literally at the DMV today for 4 hours! WHAT?!? And I even had an appointment!

You read that right...an appointment. Who has to make a dang appointment to go to the DMV?? At home, you just walk in, say hey to the employees (whom you most likely know by their first names) and you're in and out of there without any hassle!

That's just not the case in LA. Luckily, having an appointment allowed me to skip the line that curved around the entire building...but I've never seen so many people trying to get licenses. Shew!

Last complaint, I promise...I thought okay, I'll give it one day and get everything accomplished. But nope! I'll be going back to finish getting my car registered. It's never-ending ahhhhh!!!

Luckily, at lunch I was reminded of the perks of living in this city. I'm just standing in line at my favorite salad place and lo and behold, there's Giuliana Rancic waiting in line too! So that was exciting!

After spending hours at the DMV, I get a reminder of why I love this city in the first place. It just makes me more excited and inspired to work towards my hosting goals. Little reminders like seeing a successful host like Giuliana keep me working hard towards my dreams! ONE DAY!!! :)

So the moral of my blog today is that any day in this big city can seem bland or crazy and the next thing you know, you walk right past someone who reminds you of why you're here in the first place! You just never know what's coming next!


Always have faith!!

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't a coincidence!! God has great plans for you and just wanted to send you a little reminder hehe =] Love ya <3 M

    ReplyDelete