Wednesday, August 8, 2012

When I grow up...

I want to be in the Olympics!!!



Who else is obsessed with watching the Olympics?! Now that's it's coming to an end, I guess I'll have to go back to watching reruns of Criminal Minds and Friends haha.

But seriously, don't the Olympics make you so proud of your country? It's the one time people from all over the world come together and show just how many talented people there are in this world! It's so amazing and truly inspiring!

Sometimes, when I'm watching the Olympics by myself and USA wins a medal, I stand up and sing the National Anthem with the winners! Ahhh...I'm a weirdo haha! But a proud one!

My favorite sports to watch at the 2012 London Olympics were Women's Gymnastics, Swimming and Beach Volleyball. My favorite was gymnastics of course.

I remember taking gymnastics for YEARS and hoping I'd go to the Olympics one day. This was the time of the Magnificent Seven. I was obsessed with Dominique Moceanu and wanted to be just like her one day. I bought all of the books about the USA team and my parents even bought me a warm-up uniform that matched the gymnastics team! Good times! :)

Well...obviously, me being an Olympic gymnast was just not my calling in life. I could have guessed that the time I was on the balance beam and proceeded to fall, straddle the beam, and slide off sideways. I cried for an hour!

But one thing's for sure...I'll always be watching and cheering on the athletes who impress me oh so much!

YAY for the Olympics! And thank goodness we all have a variety of talents to offer this world. We just gotta figure out how to use them!


Always have faith!!


No comments:

Post a Comment