Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's the little things in life...

It's that time of year again... The time when I would be finishing up with my final exams at UVA and making the 3.5 hour drive southwest from Charlottesville, VA to Abingdon - home sweet home.

What good memories I have from that drive. Winter break was always my favorite because you get to take a month off of school and basically do nothing except what you feel like doing - hanging out with friends and family, watching movies and cozying up in front of the fire with hot chocolate, oh - and shopping of course!

It's just the best time of the year. And that drive will always be a wonderful memory. I would get so excited to pack up my car and head home. I would sing along to all of my favorite music - especially Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts, and just think about life and how lucky I am. My favorite part of that drive though was seeing the beautiful mountains that lasted the entire way. How gorgeous! I was always astounded by how beautiful that drive was, and I will forever cherish the time I had to escape reality and see the beauty life has to offer.

I found this song the other day that would have been the perfect addition to that trip I used to make. Now I'll just have to listen to it on the plane ride from LA back home! I hope y'all like it! It reminds me of home, and I'm so excited to be there in a few days! :)


Sometimes the smallest things like listening to good music while you make a road trip home give you the best memories!


Always have faith!!

No comments:

Post a Comment