Friday, October 7, 2011

Diary of the Unemployed

Yep...that's me. Off to LA with no job! But it's all going to work out...(fingers crossed)!

I came out to LA for a reason - to get my start in the entertainment industry. And there's no better place to do it! Obviously, I knew before moving out here that it was going to be a gamble. It's tough not knowing if it's going to work out or not, but I have some experience on my resume, and I definitely have the desire to make it work! What can I say...I'm a dreamer!

You'd think I'd be spending my days on the beach or shopping...but being unemployed can definitely be stressful. Many of my days consist of waking up and going straight to my laptop to apply for more internships and assistant positions. Plus, there's no room to waste money on shopping anyways!

Being unemployed has definitely afforded me with lots of extra time. So much time that I literally have every possible new show recorded on my DVR! I could literally write a summary on all of the new shows in the fall line-up. My favorites being:

1. Hart of Dixie (who wouldn't love a show based in a small Southern town)  ;)
2. Revenge (oh the mystery and drama)
3. Pan Am (love those strong and smart women!)

Of course, those are just my new favorites. My go-to shows are on the DVR as well - Modern Family, Gossip Girl, and Desperate Housewives...final season :(

So you can see...being unemployed has definitely allowed me to stay caught up on my TV shows. I don't know that that's necessarily a great thing.

Hopefully, I won't be unemployed for much longer. Lots of interviews and networking...

I do believe it will all work out in the end...and I hope in some time from now my DVR is 100% full because I'm so busy ;)

Remember - always have faith! That's what I'm banking on...

No comments:

Post a Comment