Monday, November 7, 2011

So I tried a juice cleanse...

The latest LA trend - a juice cleanse! Yeah...maybe not the smartest idea, but I must say, I did feel cleansed and refreshed after it was finally over!!

Too much In N Out led me to want to clean up my diet, so I did a lot of research to find a good way to "start over." I found a bunch of different companies online that actually deliver fresh juices to your door. A normal cleanse could last anywhere from 3 to 7 days...but I just did it for two days - another day and I would have gone crazy! And I made sure it was healthy because I didn't want my body to think I was starving it. The cleanse I chose gave me about 1200 calories a day filled in six different juices!

Some of the juices I actually loved and would drink again like the pineapple, apple and melon juice. But let me tell you...the green juice with romaine, spinach, kale, green apple, celery, parsley and lemon was yuck! Never again haha!

You basically drink six juices each day and drink one every couple of hours, so you actually don't feel hungry. The hard part is that it's just liquid, so the first day I was dying to have real food to chew. The second day was a lot easier though...probably because I knew I was almost done.

The cleanse really did make me want to start eating healthier though! Overall, I'm glad I tried it once, but I probably wouldn't do it again. Oh well!

Always have faith!!

No comments:

Post a Comment